I use a recipe from Jane Grigson's 'English Food'. It is heavier on the fruit and lighter on the sugar that a lot of recipes, so you can kid yourself that it's healthy. What? How can cake be healthy? It is, really it is - tea bread is fat-free cake after all. (Well, until you slather it with butter it is...)
I only have the measurements in ounces, but here you go...
12 oz dried fruit
4 oz soft dark sugar
8 fl oz cold, strong tea
8 oz self-raising flour
1. Soak the fruit and sugar in the tea overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C.
3. Grease and base line a 2lb loaf tin.
4. Add the flour and egg to the fruit and mix well.
5. Put into the prepared tin and level the surface.
6. Bake for about an hour or until a skewer comes out clean.