I spent some time laying them out and, today, I will start joining them. I made a few changes to the plan for these squares as I went along - I decided the yellow was too much and so, although I've included it, none of the squares have yellow for the outer round and I didn't, in the end, make every colour combination - mainly because the two shades of green were too similar.
So, watch this space - I might actually have a finished blanket to show you sometime soon.
In other news, our building work continues apace. The dormer is up, the stairs to the loft are in and the roof has been re-tiled (pop over to Instagram if you fancy a look). The mess has been beyond anything I expected, but there was 100 years worth of soot in the attic and it had to go somewhere! The relentless rain and the cold temperatures are making it a rather unpleasant experience - for the builders as well as for us. There is little point putting the heating on in the evenings when all the heat will escape through the great big hole in the roof and we are banned from lighting the fire for the time being. We've never been more thankful for my crocheted blankets. And there's already a fight going on for who this latest one will belong to.